Thursday, November 7, 2013

The ever-incredible Julia Lee!

Ohhh....Miss Julia Lee!
Where do I begin!?


By far, Julia is one of my all time favorites.
A queen of double entendre's & of the ever-incredible dirty blues. ((probably my FAVORITE genre of music!))


Julia started her music career in the 1920's, but really became recognizable in the music scene in the 1940's.
She had an incredible group of musicians by her side, her "Boy Friends" as they were called...and these "Boy Friends" had some really incredible names to boot! Jay McShann, Vic Dickenson, Benny Carter, Red Norvo, Nappy Lamare, and Red Nichols! 


I accidentally stumbled upon Miss Julia while skipping through Pandora... A song called "Lotus Blossom" came on and I fell in love in a heartbeat! It just so happened to be off of an album dedicated to marijuana songs apparently, but hey...who am I to judge! *hehe*

The album is pretty fantastic and short after I discovered this particular song, I purchased the WHOLE album via itunes. and I was definitely NOT disappointed!



Here are a couple of my favorites from the stunning Miss Lee!
Hope you enjoy!

"Lotus Blossom"


"King-Size Papa"


"Snatch and Grab It"


If you have any suggestions on other vintage artists for me to check out, please give me a hoot n a holler! 
I would love to hear em'!

Happy Thursday y'all!

xo's

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I love hearing from you!