Sunday, May 20, 2012

In the shop...

Original Collages!







Ever since I was a little girl, I have been creating. My mother is an incredible and beautiful artist and I was very fortunate as a child to grow up with all sorts of art supplies constantly surrounding me. We didn't have a lot of money when I was little, but we were never in short supply of creative mediums. I was always transforming cardboard boxes into rocket ships or "great glass elevators." I was making my own Plinko boards out of old drywall and nails...using quarters for the chips. I was a water coloring, finger painting, collage making, Play-Doh building, Lego constructing fool! I was also an only child for 13 years of my life with two hard working parents so I needed to keep myself busy...and being creative was (and still is) my forte'. 

So...with that being said...I present to you one of my favorite things to create...

My collages.

Mixed medias of vintage discarded children's book illustrations, vintage magazines...and a few found tidbits here and there. 

Each piece is very special to me and at first, I was only offering prints of them...then I decided to sweeten the deal a bit and make it a little more special than that. I am now only exclusively offering the originals. I know how special it feels to own an original piece of artwork. It makes you feel somewhat connected to the artist in a way. I absolutely love looking at the original pieces of other artists that are in my home. I have one in particular that I received as a trade from a very sweet girl I met at an art festival last summer. It's in my kitchen, in a spot I look at every day...and every day it makes me smile.

I am planning on creating a lot more of these in a bunch of different sizes so that I can have a nice range of prices. Smaller collages will be priced in the $5-$15 range... Medium collages in the $15-$25 range and larger will be $25+

I am constantly taking on new projects for myself and I have a few up my sleeve that I'm dying to start working on and put up in the shop.
Keep on the lookout for my new additions...I've got the creative itch...and I'm ready to go with it! 

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday!

Xo

Ash*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I love hearing from you!